Monday, December 13, 2010

9 months and crazy faces

Eli turned 9 months last week. I know they say it always "goes so fast" with the second one, but to experience it is a different thing. I feel like I was just pregnant with him and now he's crawling all over the house, playing with trucks and trying to chase his big brother.

I'm having such a hard time getting a good picture of Eli lately because he's moving around so much. Our house doesn't have enough natural light so I often have to use the flash. He's started making the silliest squinty-eyed face when he sees the red-eye light (see below).
Also, I'm sure you're noticing a lack of Xander photos lately also. Being 3 is a new adventure every day and has come with a fair share of drama and attitude. He's often not in the mood for a photo shoot but occasionally I catch him.








I've also found it ridiculously difficult to catch Xander with a "normal" smile and Eli also looking in the general direction of the camera AND both of them in focus. I fear we're going to have a fairly blurry photo family photo album at this stage of our life. Still makes for some pretty hilarious pictures.


Also......a trip down memory lane.

Here is what we looked like this time last year :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay, a new post! I love love love the squinty face, cracks me up! I'm also thoroughly enjoying Xanders cheese ball smiles! Can't wait to see you guys in 10 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Look at the difference between Xander last year to this year! (And for you too, haha!)

    I agree with Ashley - the squinty face is adorable. I understand the frustration re: family photos though. We took a dozen photos before we got 1 where all 3 of us were looking at the camera - then it took a dozen more to get one where we were all looking at the camera AND Aaron was smiling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe the change in Xander! I'm so glad we'll all be together in 10 days.

    ReplyDelete