Friday, February 18, 2011

Growing Fast

Eli, 11 months


The boys are growing so fast. Eli will be walking soonish, I hope, and Xander is growing so fast his wardrobe can't keep up. I found myself uttering things like, "What?! I just bought you those pants, Xander!" and "Your shoes can't possibly be tight already!" in the past few weeks. Xander is well beyond babyhood and toddlerhood and is in full fledged preschoolhood now and I'm both excited and not ready for all of it.

Suddenly girls are coming up in conversation. Xander came home complaining to me that one of the girls in his class "kept wanting to hold my hand all day long!". I tried to explain to him that she probably just likes him but he looked at me like I had three heads. He also seems to have a little crush on a 4 year old girl at Stroller Strides and talks about her a lot on the days we've gone to class. The other morning I found him pouting against the wall in the gym after class and I asked him what was wrong. He said, "Mom, Ana said she didn't want to play with me!". So my response was, "Ok, then find someone else who wants to play, honey" which he quickly responded, "But mom! I LIKE Ana!". Oh the drama already at 3 1/2!

For Valentine's day Xander drew me this picture that he titled, "Xander Loves Mommy". Melts my heart! He drew it all by himself and the thing that looks like a cross is actually a big X for Xander.

2 comments:

  1. Crazy how fast they go from babies into almost teenagers, right? 3 tear old drama is way more than I had expected!!

    ReplyDelete