Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy 1st birthday, Eli!

Our sweet Elias is 1 year old today! Time flew by faster than I could have imagined this year with our family of four. I can remember so much about this day last year and I caught myself reliving my labor and Eli's birth multiple times today. It was such an exciting experience and I hope I never forget all the little details of that day.

We took the family, including GaGa and Grampa Larry, to The Great Wolf Lodge water park to celebrate and we had a great time. Eli loved splashing and crawling around in the water and Xander had a great time playing with all the water squirting toys and fountains. Thanks to GaGa and Grampa, Jas and I also had some fun riding the big waterslides! We even sneeked Uncle Steve in to the park to have some fun on the rides.

Eli & X wearing their "wolf" ears

my water baby


After we were all thoroughly worn out from the water park, we headed back home for birthday dinner and cake. When Xander turned one, I made him a cake that looked like a giant wheel of cheese. He was a very picky eater and cheese was one of the only things he would eat. Eli, on the other hand, will eat just about anything and in large quantities. I decided to honor his appetite for all things food, I would make him a giant hamburger cake.
Here is the final result. I was pretty pleased with the result.
Eli seemed to approve of his cake and loved eating the "sesame seeds" off the top.

He also appeared to enjoy the taste of his birthday cake!

We had Auntie Anna, Uncle Jason, cousin Elliot, GaGa, Grampa Larry and even Auntie Shayla via ichat here for the cake eating fun.


We love you so much, Eli! You are the perfect addition to our family. Happy birthday, baby!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so such and amazing mommy! The cake turned out terrific and it looks like the Great Wolf Lodge was such a blast for the whole Family! Happy first birthday Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cake! Looks like a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of me with you & Eli. :) Love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete