Monday, July 18, 2011

Busy Boys

I never realized how busy a toddler can be until I had a busy one of my own. Eli is always moving and getting into things and playing and climbing and grabbing things off tables and counters I didn't even know he could reach! His business is great in the respect that he seems to find more toys to independently play with, either that or just having a big brother around makes playing with toys so much more fun.
The boys are at the point where they're starting to really play with and talk to each other. I always catch myself stifling a laugh when I hear the conversations they're having. Usually X is asking Eli a whole string of questions, which Eli usually responds to with "Ya...Yep...Ya....Ya...". He sounds so agreeable! (not the case with most things!)
Eli is a huge chatterbox so it's really cute to hear him ask Xander for things or for "help! help!" when he gets a toy stuck or can't reach a book. He is 16 1/2 months already and has been putting two word sentences together for the past month. He often says, "Help, please" or "No, thankyou" along with a lot of "Hi, Xander!" and "Hi momma!" or "Hi dada!".  I'm continually amazed by his vocabulary and every once in a while he suddenly points something out that I didn't even realize he knew the word for. He also just started "counting" and will fill in numbers as we count to 10, and trying to sing his ABC's.  I've got to get some of this stuff on video before I blink my eyes and he's suddenly a tall almost 4 year old like my Xander!!


Xander is growing like a weed. We've been monitoring his height on a growth chart in his room and he's grown almost an inch in the last month alone. He's very excited to cross the 42inch mark, which I believe is the height to ride a lot of rides at places like Disneyland. We talk about Disneyland a lot lately and even though I'm fairly certain he'd be totally freaked out by the giant characters trying to hug and wave at him,  he still talks about how badly he wants to go there. We told him we have to wait a little bit longer so Eli can get a little bigger, too.

In the meantime, we'll go to Big Al's :)

.....and cover ourselves with temporary superhero tattoos......


God knew what he was doing when he gave me little boys, even busy ones ;)

3 comments:

  1. Love my boys! See you in 3 days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a fun bunch of boys! Busy and all. I wouldn't change mine either....although I am glad that you got a larger dose of "busy" with your Eli so you can share in the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can hardly wait for a houseful of busy boys!

    ReplyDelete